USE OF SERVICES
The Services contain digital color chips, entire digital fandecks, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to search, match, copy, formulate and communicate with others (each a "Colorcharts.org Color Services"). You agree to use the Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Digital Color Communication Services for COMMERCIAL, CORPORATE or PERSONAL monetary gain without either purchasing a software license to CBN Selector and/or CBN Formulator or joining our "DIGITAL COLOR CHARTS SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE".
- Use the Digital Color Communication Services in connection with any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Use any screen capture software or any other color picker type tools to copy, reproduce or recreate colors or new images in any other format.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain color chips, color charts, fan decks, images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including color chips, color charts, fan decks, images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose based on any information from our color databases, unless permission has been previously obtained from CBN System. (cbnsystem.com) in writing.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect individual color chips, color charts, fan decks or any other information from either the software or any on line source owned by the provider.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading our licensing servers or others.
Download of software
If you download software from this Site ("Software"), use of the Software is subject to the license terms in the Software License Agreement that accompanies or is provided with the Software. You may not download or install the Software until you have read and accepted the terms of the Software License Agreement.
Linking to ColorCharts.org Web site
If you would like to link to ColorCharts.org's Web site, please comply with the following guidelines:
Your site may link to but not replicate ColorCharts.org content
All corporate identities displayed within ColorCharts.org belong to those individual entities. ColorCharts.org asks that you receive permission from Corporate identities before replicating any entities copyrighted materials and color information - other than as such use is expressly provided for in ColorCharts.org.
Permissible use as such is the application of CBN Codes to refer to an available color (and by connection company and product) displayed at ColorCharts.org. Do not imply that ColorCharts.org is endorsing your site content or products. Do not use the ColorCharts.org logo without written permission from ColorCharts.org. Your site should not create a border, frame or container environment around ColorCharts.org content. Your site should not contain distasteful, offensive, racial or controversial content, and should be appropriate for all age and cultural groups.
ColorCharts.org considers color cards, fandecks and color collections as displayed on the internet as public domain material. ColorCharts.org will respect the confidentiality of all organizations that submit color material, and will not share any data submitted, except as color displayed on a computer monitor from our site.
Links to other sites
Links to third party Web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. ColorCharts.org has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, ColorCharts.org does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk
This policy does not cover information collected on sites linked to from ColorCharts.org.
THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. ColorCharts.org presents material on this site with the permission and cooperation of those entities identified. ColorCharts.org provides color representations based on sample data provided. While ColorCharts.org follows prescribed processes to define color data on site, ColorCharts.org does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials or services at this Site. ColorCharts.org may make changes to the materials and services at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials and services at this Site may be out of date, and ColorCharts.org makes no commitment to update the materials and services at this Site except as new material is provided by those entities represented. Such material will be updated in a timely manner. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of liability
IN NO EVENT WILL COLORCHARTS.ORG, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
It is the goal of ColorCharts.org to bring you information that is tailored to your professional needs and, at the same time, protect yours, and your company's privacy. The following is a summary of the various ways we treat the information you provide us while using our site.
The type of information ColorCharts.org collects
ColorCharts.org only collects personally identifying information with your specific knowledge and consent. For instance, submitting a consent form, logging in as a user, completing a survey, or registering for any portion of our services, you are asked to provide information such as your e-mail address, name or phone number.
How ColorCharts.org uses information provided by you
ColorCharts.org uses this information to provide you with the service you have requested. For example, if you make a request, we will use your e-mail address to send you a response. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
ColorCharts.org does not sell or distribute any of our users' personal information.
There may also be occasion when we are legally required to provide access to information in order to cooperate with investigations or other legal proceedings. In those instances, the information is provided only for that purpose.
Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website.
Revised May, 2012